- At least 5 small pieces of heavy weight but foldable paper that, when folded with the grain, are the desired final page size. Final page size no bigger than 4” tall and 4” wide; no smaller than 2” tall and 1.75” wide. Cut those 5 sheets exactly the same size, grain long. You may have as many pages as you would like.
- 2 pieces of solid color paper the exact same size as the above paper, heavy weight. Canson MiTientes will work.
- A piece of mat board, (or binder’s board), uncut, for the covers. Size determined by size of page. Should be more than twice the size of the page, grain long.
- 1 small piece of card stock, like a Manilla folder weight, taller than the pages and several inches wide.
- Decorative or solid color paper for the cover, medium weight.
- Book cloth (I can mail you some) or wall paper or Tyvek (a FedEx envelope) for the cover (for the second session).
- Glue (all these work: Elmer’s Glue, Sobo Glue, Yes Paste, bookbinder’s mixture)
- a 12” ruler
- A brush for glue
- Cutting tool with a new blade (all these work: utility knife, x-acto, scalpel)
- Cutting mat or a piece of scrap cardboard to cut on
- Bone folder (or popsicle stick or the handle of a spoon or equivalent)
- Sharp pencil
- An eraser
- Many sheets of scrap paper to glue on (8.5 x 11” or larger)
- Small right angle (optional)