A Campaign to Support Creative Arts Workshop
Help us raise $250,000 before December 31!
Creative Arts Workshop is in the process of transition. After 54 years, we now mark the beginning of a significant shift in our vision under the leadership of our new Executive Director, Daniel Fitzmaurice.
With a view towards positioning CAW as a national leader in community-based visual arts education, new strategic directions include embracing technology and design into our programs, modernizing our facilities, and training the next generation of culturally diverse artists in Connecticut.
Why is this a turning point for the Workshop? Glad you asked. CAW has had to borrow from its endowment to balance our annual budget since 2012. Our income has not covered the full cost of retaining our faculty and maintaining our studios. The accumulated deficit has slowed progress towards the future. The immediate need for recovery capital has never been greater.
Today, we ask you to make an extraordinary contribution to help steer CAW towards fiscal sustainability. Your gift will erase our projected operating deficit for 2015, replenish what was borrowed from our endowment, and provide the foundation that is necessary for us to develop our vision.
Thank you for supporting the artists that call CAW home.
How to Help Frame Our Future
- Make a tax-deductible gift to support CAW today
- Customize an automatic, recurring gift weekly, monthly or quarterly to fit your budget
- Ask your employer about matching gift programs
- Consider including a bequest to CAW in your estate plan, or making CAW a beneficiary of your retirement account or life insurance policy
- Contact Daniel Fitzmaurice, Executive Director, for details: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Showcase your business by sponsoring a CAW event, gallery show, or department
- Starting at $1,000
- Contact Jan Daddona, Development Associate, for details: email@example.com