Welcome to Creative Arts Workshop’s 47th Annual Celebration of American Crafts! We are thrilled to feature your work, deeply thankful for your partnership, and appreciative of your enduring support during our hiatus last year. Celebration remains a central exhibit of the best craft in the country, fundraiser to support our educational and outreach programs, and cherished holiday tradition in our community.
You’ll notice we have made several changes based on the feedback from artists, shoppers, and the community-at-large last year. We hope that this makes for a smoother, more successful event for everyone.
In order to setup our files, please submit the following documents. You may submit your responses by printing and email, fax, or mail or submit your responses online, when available.
Form W-9 (required)
- September 9: Artist Documents due to CAW
- September 15-30: Artists receive barcode labels
- October 24-November 2: Delivery of work
- November 26-December 24: Celebration sale, events, and programs
- December 20: First vendor payment mailed
- December 29-30, January 3-4: New Year Sale
- January 13-22: Return of work
- January 20: Final payment mailed
Revised Inventory Sheet
Our Inventory Sheet is revised this year to accommodate our new barcode system. We can accommodate small changes to your inventory closer to the sale. List multiple items similar in style and price together (regardless of color or minor differences) as they will share the same barcode. Please round your retail prices to the nearerst dollar.
If you have exhibited with CAC in the past should have a pretty good sense of how much work to send. If you are new to the sale, please use your discretion and send as much work as you think will sell during the sale. Know, however, that we will contact you to discuss re-ordering when your inventory is 50% sold.
We will display all of your work together so please send work in a variety of price points, as many of our customers are looking for both stocking stuffers and show-stoppers.
Upon receiving your Inventory Sheet, we will print and mail you barcode labels to place on your work before delivery to CAW. Please place the labels in places that are visible to the customer. Labels will include name, item, material, and price as given on the Inventory Sheet.
We know that this new process may seem complicated at first, but, again, our aim is to have a smooth and successful sale for everyone. So, if you have any questions at all, please let the Celebration Committee know right away.
- Email: Celebration@CAWmail.org
- Phone: 203 562 4927 x12
- Fax: 203.562.2329
- Address: 80 Audubon Street New Haven CT 06510
- Office hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-7pm and Saturdays, 9am-12pm
About Celebration of American Crafts
- Celebration is an exhibit, sale, event, and fundraiser curated by Creative Arts Workshop (CAW), the largest non-profit community visual arts school in Connecticut. Located in the heart of the Audubon Arts District, the Workshop offers 300 courses to 2,000 students annually and gallery exhibits by local and national artists.
- Celebration receives extensive media coverage, including local television, local and regional newspapers, national magazines, and social media.
- Proceeds from the Celebration support CAW’s ongoing commitment to providing affordable, relevant, and high-quality visual arts instruction in the community.
- Your presence is not required during the sale. Your work will be professionally installed and displayed in our stunning two-story, street-front gallery. However, there are several new opportunities to present a showcase, demonstration, workshop, or artist talk this year. The Committee will contact you if any questions arise about the display or care of your work.
Note: If you applied online, you have already read and agreed to these terms; this is here as a reminder for your records. If you did not apply online, please print, sign, and return this PDF to CAW.
CAW will pay to the Maker 60% of the price set by the Maker for retail sale of each item sold, retaining 40% as its commission.
The Maker will be paid 60% of the agreed upon retail price for all items sold in two installments – December 20, 2016 and January 20, 2017. Return-shipping charges, if applicable, are deducted from the final payment.
All works will be insured by CAW from the time received until the Maker receives unsold items. In the event of loss through breakage, theft, or other means (except for damage resulting from flaws inherent in the work), CAW will pay the Maker their 60% and retain the work. With regard to the work that is to be picked up after the sale, CAW will not be responsible for the items left after one week beyond the scheduled dates.
The Maker pays shipping, insurance charges, and shipping materials for all work sent to and returned from CAW. The maker can hand-deliver and pickup work to CAW during designated times.
If the items are return-shipped, the Maker must open the package, check all returned items, and, if necessary, file any claims within 45 days of receipt. If the Maker has not received their unsold work by the end of February, he/she must contact CAW before the end of March to file a claim. All claims made after April 1 will not be guaranteed.
The acceptance of work in the Celebration shall further include permission to photograph work and/or use images for publicity and educational purposes, including promotional and press materials, advertising, publications, website and e-blasts. The Maker will be identified with his or her work and the photographer will be credited.
ACCEPTANCE OF WORK
CAW reserves the right of final review on all items delivered. Please note that sending work to CAW means that the Maker has agreed to the terms above, whether or not CAW receives a signed consignment agreement.