Welcome to Creative Arts Workshop’s 48th Annual Celebration of American Crafts! We are thrilled to feature your work, deeply thankful for your partnership and excited to see what you have to show us this year. Celebration remains a central exhibit of the best craft in the country, fundraiser to support our educational and outreach programs, and cherished holiday tradition in our community.
We have made several changes based on feedback from our artist’s, shoppers and the community-at-large last year. We know these changes will result in an exciting and successful event again this year.
In order to setup our files, please submit the following documents. You may submit your responses by printing and email, fax, or mail or submit your responses online, when available.
We require all Makers to have a current W-9 on file with Creative Arts Workshop in order to participate in this year’s Celebration. This will ensure that payments are made to the correct payee (person or business), that your address is accurate and that our filings meet IRS requirements. Celebration opens on November 25th. Please assure that you have the needed paperwork complete and on file before opening day.Your work will NOT be included in the Celebration if your paperwork is not complete.
Note: Creative Arts Workshop faculty do not have to complete a W-9 as long as the one on file with CAW is current. Makers are not responsible for sales tax filing or payment. That is the responsibility of CAW.
Form W-9 (required)
Programming information (optional)
The Celebration Committee is developing a series of weekend artist demonstrations and workshops to generate interest in the sale and support CAW’s mission to foster creativity. More information available below:
- April 15-June 1: Open Call Applications are accepted and juried
- July 1: Accepted makers are notified by email
- August 1: Inventory lists due from makers
- October 1-31: Delivery of work
- November 25-December 24: Celebration sale, events, and programs
- December 20: First payment mailed
- December 26-28: Post Celebration sale
- January 2-31: Return of work
- January 31: Final payment mailed
Inventory Sheets are due to us by August 1st. Upon receiving your Inventory Sheet, we will print and mail barcode labels for you to place on your work before delivery to CAW. Please place the labels so they are visible to the customer. Labels will include your name, a short description of the item and the price as given to us on your Inventory Sheet. Please be very clear with your submission. Sheets received by August 1 should expect labels returned by August 31.
We know that this new process may seem complicated at first, but, again, our aim is to have a smooth and successful sale for everyone. So, if you have any questions at all, please let the Celebration Committee know right away.
- Email: Celebration@CAWmail.org
- Phone: 203 562 4927 x12
- Address: 80 Audubon Street New Haven CT 06510
- CAW Office hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-7pm and Saturdays, 9am-12pm
About Celebration of American Crafts
- Celebration is an exhibit, sale, event, and fundraiser curated by Creative Arts Workshop (CAW), the largest non-profit community visual arts school in Connecticut. Located in the heart of the Audubon Arts District, the Workshop offers 300 courses to 2,000 students annually and gallery exhibits by local and national artists.
- Celebration receives extensive media coverage, including local television, local and regional newspapers, national magazines, and social media.
- Proceeds from the Celebration support CAW’s ongoing commitment to providing affordable, relevant, and high-quality visual arts instruction in the community.
- Your presence is not required during the sale. Your work will be professionally installed and displayed in our stunning two-story, street-front gallery. However, there are several new opportunities to present a showcase, demonstration, workshop, or artist talk this year. The Committee will contact you if any questions arise about the display or care of your work.
Note: If you applied online, you have already read and agreed to these terms; this is here as a reminder for your records.
CAW will pay to the Maker 60% of the price set by the Maker for retail sale of each item sold, retaining 40% as its commission.
The Maker will be paid 60% of the agreed upon retail price for all items sold in two installments – December 20, 2017 and January 31, 2018. Return-shipping charges, if applicable, are deducted from the final payment.
All works will be insured by CAW from the time received until the Maker receives unsold items. In the event of loss through breakage, theft, or other means (except for damage resulting from flaws inherent in the work), CAW will pay the Maker their 60% and retain the work. With regard to the work that is to be picked up after the sale, CAW will not be responsible for the items left after one week beyond the scheduled dates.
The Maker pays shipping, insurance charges, and shipping materials for all work sent to and returned from CAW. The maker can hand-deliver and pick up work to CAW during designated times. CAW will contact the makers when their work is available for pick up. Makers living within driving distance of CAW are strongly encouraged to hand deliver and pick up their work.
If the items are return-shipped, the Maker must open the package, check all returned items, and, if necessary, file any claims within 10 days of receipt. If the Maker has not received their unsold work by the end of February, he/she must contact CAW before the end of March to file a claim. All claims made after April 1 will not be guaranteed.
The acceptance of work in the Celebration shall further include permission to photograph work and/or use images for publicity and educational purposes, including promotional and press materials, advertising, publications, website and e-blasts. The Maker will be identified with his or her work and the photographer will be credited.
ACCEPTANCE OF WORK
CAW reserves the right of final review on all items delivered. Please note that sending work to CAW means that the Maker has agreed to the terms above, whether or not CAW receives a signed consignment agreement.