Welcome to Creative Arts Workshop’s 50th Annual Celebration of American Crafts! We are thrilled to feature your work, deeply thankful for your partnership and excited to see what you have to show us this year. Celebration remains a central exhibit of the best craft in the country, a fundraiser to support our educational and outreach programs, and a cherished holiday tradition in our community.
In order to setup our files, please submit the following:
Form W-9 (required)
Note: Celebration participants from 2018 and Creative Arts Workshop faculty do not have to complete a W-9 as long as the one on file with CAW is current. Makers are not responsible for sales tax filing or payment. That is the responsibility of CAW.
This year we are asking artists to submit their inventory by using an online form. The deadline for submission is August 15.
- May 15 – June 15: Open Call Applications are accepted and juried
- July 1: Accepted makers are notified by email
- August 15: Inventory lists due from makers
- September 15: Labels received by makers
- October 1-20: Delivery of work to CAW
- November 23-December 24: Celebration sale, events, and programs
- December 20: First payment mailed
- January 14-31: Return of work
- February 14: Final payment mailed
Online submission of your inventory is due to us by August 15th. Upon receiving your information, we will print and mail barcode labels for you to place on your work before delivery to CAW. Labels will include a short code, the barcode, and the price. (Example: RG09, $75.) Please note that all labels will be 1″ x 1.5″ unless butterfly labels are requested in the online form. Please look for your labels in the mail by September 15.
Our aim is to have a smooth and successful sale for everyone. If you have any questions at all, please let the Celebration Committee know right away.
- Email: Celebration@CAWmail.org
- Phone: 203 562 4927 x12
- Address: 80 Audubon Street New Haven CT 06510
- CAW Office hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-7pm and Saturdays, 9am-12pm
About Celebration of American Crafts
- Celebration is an exhibit, sale, event, and fundraiser curated by Creative Arts Workshop (CAW), the largest non-profit community visual arts school in Connecticut. Located in the heart of the Audubon Arts District, the Workshop offers 300 courses to 2,000 students annually and gallery exhibits by local and national artists.
- Celebration receives extensive media coverage, including local television, local and regional newspapers, national magazines, and social media.
- Proceeds from the Celebration support CAW’s ongoing commitment to providing affordable, relevant, and high-quality visual arts instruction in the community.
- Your presence is not required during the sale. Your work will be professionally installed and displayed in our stunning two-story, street-front gallery. However, there are several opportunities to present a showcase, demonstration, workshop, or artist talk. The Committee will contact you if any questions arise about the display or care of your work.
Note: If you applied online, you have already read and agreed to these terms; this is here as a reminder for your records.
CAW will pay to the Maker 60% of the price set by the Maker for retail sale of each item sold, retaining 40% as its commission.
The Maker will be paid 60% of the agreed upon retail price for all items sold in two installments – January 4, 2019 and February 15, 2019. Return-shipping charges, if applicable, are deducted from the final payment.
All works will be insured by CAW from the time received until the Maker receives unsold items. In the event of loss through breakage, theft, or other means (except for damage resulting from flaws inherent in the work), CAW will pay the Maker their 60% and retain the work. With regard to the work that is to be picked up after the sale, CAW will not be responsible for the items left after one week beyond the scheduled pick-up date unless alternate arrangements have been made and communicated prior.
The Maker pays shipping, insurance charges, and shipping materials for all work sent to and returned from CAW. CAW will ship USPS unless alternate shipping methods are pre-arranged by the Maker. Makers can hand-deliver and pick up work to CAW during designated times. CAW will notify Makers when their work is available for pick up. Makers living within driving distance of CAW are strongly encouraged to hand deliver and pick up their work.
If the items are return-shipped, the Maker must open the package, check all returned items, and, if necessary, file any claims within 10 days of receipt. If the Maker has not received their unsold work by the end of February, he/she must contact CAW before the end of March to file a claim. All claims made after April 1 will not be guaranteed by CAW.
The acceptance of work in the Celebration shall further include permission to photograph work and/or use images for publicity and educational purposes, including promotional and press materials, advertising, publications, website and e-blasts. The Maker will be identified with his or her work and the photographer will be credited.
ACCEPTANCE OF WORK
CAW reserves the right of final review on all items delivered. Please note that sending work to CAW means that the Maker has agreed to the terms above, whether or not CAW receives a signed consignment agreement.