Creative Arts Workshop is a nonprofit regional center for the visual arts that has served the Greater New Haven area since 1961. Located in the heart of the award-winning Audubon Arts District, CAW offers a wide range of visual arts classes in its own three-story building with fully-equipped studios and an active exhibition schedule in its well-known Hilles Gallery. More than 1,700 adults and young people enroll annually in the over 300 courses offered by Creative Arts Workshop, while thousands of visitors enjoy the exhibitions in both galleries throughout the year.
CAW is supported by its tuition fees, sponsorships, contributions from individuals, foundations, public funding, membership, and from special events and sales.
The Creative Arts Workshop is an educational and cultural resource center devoted to fostering creativity through participation in, appreciation of and leadership in the visual arts. CAW affirms its commitment to making programs available to a broad and diverse population.
Did you know? Creative Arts Workshop is the largest community art school in Connecticut.
- Founded in 1961, 57 years ago
- FY 2018-19 Budget: $904,000
- Staff: Full time 3, Part Time 2
- Faculty: 60 professional artists serve as instructors
- Classes and Workshops: 300+ per year
- Exhibitions: 6 per year
- Art Sales: during exhibitions and special sales, including Celebration of American Crafts
- 8 fully-equipped studios: Book Arts, Fiber, Jewelry/metalsmithing, Painting + Drawing, Photography, Pottery, Printmaking
- Young People’s department serving students 2 mos to 18 years